there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The day of much candy consumption



We had a princess, killer whale, mad scientist (complete with gory eyeball and fishes in his test tube), kitty, penguin, and elf. The kids have so much fun dressing up I wish there wasn't so much 'gimme' involved. Let's face it, a trunk-or-treat where the kids march around the parking lot collecting loot from every trunk is all about efficiency in candy collection. The penguin and I sat in the back of the van and marveled at the lengths people went to in order to decorate their trunks and it was seriously amazing--one car had a blow up grim reaper, kept inflated with their portable generator. PORTABLE GENERATOR. ?? I closed up when I realized that kids were coming around for their third and fourth run. Yes, I am a halloween scrooge. Actually, since I don't do crafty for holidays you could make the argument that I am just a holiday scrooge--except for the vittles.

No comments:

Blog Archive