there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Learning to Dance






The first week of June, Ben and I are leading a 'family' on Trek.  Trek is one of those weird Mormon traditions which tend to sound completely insane when I try to explain it to people who don't have a Mormon background.  (the guy at Sportsman's warehouse was very incredulous)  To sum up, we are going camping for a week, pushing all our gear in a handcart and we are going to love it!  I think one of the main purposes is to try and help the youth understand what the early Mormon pioneers went through coming across the plains.  One of the things we are learning is square dancing, with the intent of participating in a 'hoe-down' on the last night of Trek.  

It is always fun when the youth surprise me with enthusiasm and happiness during activities, and this night of dancing turned out to be one of my favorite activities we've had so far.  I can't wait to dance out on the trail!

2 comments:

Haymonds said...

this blogger thing just needs a like button. would that i could see video of your hoedown on the trail! :)

Joyful said...

There might be video eventually-there were photographers everywhere. Though, I doubt it would turn out very well due to darkness

Blog Archive