there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Friday, July 25, 2014

Grand

We took a four day weekend and drove--just Ben and I-- out to the Grand Canyon.  I've never seen it before.  Day one was windy and cool and we hiked a few miles on the rim.  Day two it rained, snowed, wind, cleared up long enough for us to attend a ranger talk and have a fancy dinner.  Day 3 we had lots of glorious sunshine so we hiked down to the ooh ah point and back and hiked along the rim at sunset.  Really pretty.  Saw lots of moose very near our hotel room and lots of greedy little chipmunks.    I think I'm grateful that the weather was terrible for the one day because it made the village very uncrowded and the views when the weather did clear were still amazing.
Add caption




if you look closely you can see the hikers coming down the switchbacks.  About this point of the hike back out I was ready to give up

I'm pointing to the ooh ahh point.  Hiking all the way out there might not have been my best idea ever

pretty rocks



sunset brings out the colors

No comments:

Blog Archive