there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Saturday, August 29, 2015

June

Noah went to cub camp

Talia finished up her driving hours on our way to Idaho

Grand Tetons visitors center
Noah, junior ranger

Tetons!

Animal watching in Yellowstone

The last time we went to Yellowstone we had fun hikes and visited everything I wanted to see--except the grand prismatic springs.  So, this was my one must-see place.  Ben thought he would just piggyback me up the boardwalk, but there were so many tourists who would just barrel past him, he nearly got pushed off, so I crutched my way up.  If I had bad feelings about tourists before, being temporarily less able certainly has increased my lack of respect for the respectless hordes.  

 Our big trip this summer was up through Utah to spend the day with my sisters (mani pedis and a facial) then up to jackson, WY to drive up through the Tetons and Yellowstone on our way to the family reunion in Idaho.

There is a lovely little gravel road between Teton Village and the Teton's visitor center, and we took that road on our way north.  I was driving due to Talia's lack of experience on gravel roads.  However, the people ahead of us were going maybe 5 mph, and even a brand-new driver can handle those kinds of speeds.  Frustrated with their tortise pace I traded places with Talia, and while walking around the front of the car (and while calling the people ahead of us names) I stepped into a hole and rolled the ankle.  I seemed doomed to always be injured at reunions.  I guess I'm glad I had plenty of books to keep me happy while I elevated my foot and everyone else did stuff.
The reason I was on crutches.  

My view of the reunion.  Lying on the couch watching the pool sharks

On the way home we visited Colorado Springs for a day.  It's pretty in that part of the country!

garden of the gods

 This summer Emma joined the Y swim team.  She is actually a fast little swimmer and in her first meet got 4 firsts, and one second place--which is impressive because it was a 4x25 freestlye and her lap took her team from last place to finish second.  Go Manta Rays!
Swim cap hair.  Pretty!

 The week we got back from Idaho Isaac went to scout camp, Ben, Lia and D went to girls camp.  The picture doesn't do justice to the amount of filth this boy brought home with him.  He had a good time.
Girls camp YCL's

No comments:

Blog Archive