there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Friday, April 18, 2008

options

Dealing with a child who has no concept of reality (how is it MY fault that YOU broke curfew?) has been very tiring. Even though I have very carefully kept calm and rational while being raved at J's behavior is certainly grating on my nerves. There is no way of knowing when the monster is going to come out and scream at me. Probably the biggest part of my problem is my inability to take him seriously when he is spouting such drivel. Seriously, you want me to believe that 'this accursed house is the source of all my misery' is a legitimate comment? Luckily I have not burst out into giggles, as I'm sure this would be the height of rudeness, but do I ever look forward to the day when he realized just how absurd his behavior is. Is it evil of me to want to videotape one of his rants? Yeah, probably. Of course, it's also probably evil of me to tell him that if I die Uncle Ben (who is not overly fond of my rude drama king) gets custody of him. I figure it's my life insurance.

No comments:

Blog Archive