there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Sunday, September 21, 2008

With my emergency roadside flare I will

I think that going camping at the last minute is the only way we will go. Once I start thinking about all the things which will go wrong I very prudently decide that we should go camping 'luxe' style in the cabins up at Carter Creek. Then I decide that we can't afford it and we stay home instead. This weekend Ben's scouts were supposed to go camping up the South Willow Canyon near Grantsville, UT. All his scouts wimped out, so we went on a last-minute family trip instead. At least because it was so last minute I didn't feel a total fool with all the things we forgot.



Luckily we had coals the next morning and didn't need to use another flare to have a fire in the morning. Sadly, I completely burned the dutch oven dump cake for dessert. There was some in the middle which was mostly edible, it just tasted well smoked.

No comments:

Blog Archive