there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Friday, August 21, 2009

Pieces


Yesterday as I made dinner Noah took it upon himself to peel an entire head of garlic. There were little bits of papery skin all over the place, and one very, very proud little boy. Is he trying to curry favor with his garlic-loving mother? He should have put more thought into cleanup!

We also found a home. It's smaller than we would like and farther away from base, but we both feel good about it and our new landlords are glad to have us living next door! And, this: will be on Ben's daily commute. The picture was taken on a rainy, cloudy day so you can't see all that well, but it is lovely. The kids love seeing so many windmills, and so do I.

How do you explain to young kids about the iron curtain? I'm afraid we didn't do that great of a job, the kids still don't know why I was so excited about the pieces of the Berlin Wall.

3 comments:

Haymonds said...

Yay for getting a house!! It's where you need to be and that's what really matters. As for the garlic-toting No? Remember Holly and liver? Yeah, about the right age.....

Liesl said...

The fact that the picture was taken on a rainy, cloudy day makes it even more gorgeous. Germany is such a beautiful place. And you got to see pieces of the Berlin Wall? Incredible! I've never seen that.

Sharisse said...

I'm so glad you guys found somewhere finally!!! Send lots of pictures, I want to feel like I am living there too! =)

Blog Archive