there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Autumn Colors


My favorite season is full of reds, browns, yellows and more browns.  I love Autumn, especially when there is wind in the air and sunshine abundant.  My kids don't understand my obsession with hiking up the hill just to look at leaves, although No was easy to convince as long as there were acorns to find.  The only cloud on the horizon on these glorious, sunny days is the oncoming dark of winter.  We're already down to 10 hours of light, which will only decrease in the next 2 months.  I love that the communities around us all celebrate the harvest, the end of the sun and try to save up happiness for the oncoming winter, each in their own way.

As for me, I'm trying to savor the colors, and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts!

No comments:

Blog Archive