there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Friday, February 24, 2012

Vanity

I am losing my hair.  This is not news, and has been happening for quite some time, but since moving to Germany it has accelerated drastically.  I don't like it.  Since my hair is already very thin and very fine, it seems a bit unfair for it to be abandoning my head altogether.  In any case, I've been toying with the idea of just getting the standard old German Lady cut, very short and very layered and usually dyed an unnatural red.  My essential laziness/cheapness in finding someone I trust to cut my hair has kept me from doing anything drastic so far.

This was me in December:

 Then, Deanna had an activity where she learned to cut hair.  Always eager to force my children to labor without pay I asked her to trim my hair with her newfound knowledge.  This is how long is it now:
Can't even put it in a ponytail.  

So, next:  red?  Layers?   Give up and buy a wig?  Or wait until Linnea comes to visit and make her do something with my hair!  

Maybe it's time to learn how to tie a head scarf.  

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

No! I think she did a good job. From one thin head to another, I feel your pain. Also the cold thing. Right now it seems to be a good thing I live in TX because I wear sweaters even when it's in the 60s.

Darren&Stephanie Slade said...

Wait for Nae--she is a hair MASTER!!
Joy--I thought of the "finally warm" dream too before you mentioned it--very interesting. Maybe my wife has thyroid issues too?
Me, I just have disfunctional feet with excessive plantars warts. I'm still grateful I was completely blissful during student teaching.
D

Blog Archive