there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Thursday, December 11, 2014

You know that Josh Groban song, Thankful?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U-5EiRM1GE

It's been a rough year around these parts and I've spent a lot of time feeling overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed, but still picking myself up and soldiering on.  Luckily even in the midst of this season of crazy busy rehearsals, parties, potlucks, cookies, planning and decorating,  I've been able to find little moments of gratitude and peace.

There's so much to be thankful for.  Truly.

I'm thankful for music.  This time of year gets seriously wild with rehearsals and performances, both by me and my kids but it's been so much fun this year!

I'm thankful I get to perform this lovely piece:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7ch7uottHU

I'm thankful for family.  This week a box arrived from ThinkGeek and I spend a good 20 minutes staring at it trying to figure out if I'd ordered something and then forgotten?  Then I opened Mom's gift with presents for the first day of Christmas and the 11th and my puny little brain went 'oh, this must be what Sara's email was about not opening until the 15th'.  12 days of lovely reminders from my family that I'm loved.

I cried.

My insane, big, loud, rowdy, sarcastic, amazing family.  How do you thank people for a lifetime of support and love?

I'm thankful for friends.  I'm not good at asking for help, but my lovely friends have offered words of encouragement, offered listening ears and hugs.  One friend just showed up with a huge gift basket from Great Harvest full of goodies.  (my love language is totally food)

I'm trying to be thankful in all things.


Still not grateful for cancer.

3 comments:

Haymonds said...

"O great mystery, and wondrous sacrament, that animals should see the newborn Lord, lying in their (dinner trough)! Blessed is the Virgin whose womb was worthy to bear the Lord..." Totally singing it with you in spirit. And yes, your nutso family loves you. (and obviously you know this was Liz's idea right?)

Liz said...

Something tells me I've been told on...totally not just me. ;) I'd do anything to make things merry and bright!

Joyful said...

If I had sat myself down and thought about it I would have realized of course it was Liz's idea. We're all terribly well intentioned, but not so good on the follow-through and it takes Liz to get us all heading in the same, productive direction!

Blog Archive