there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Sunday, June 7, 2009

D


Sixth grade graduation, is, at best, a marginally entertaining time to celebrate with your child the end of her elementary career. At worst, it is long and full of hyperbole (how many 6th graders do you know who are: "going on toward a great and glorious future!" Yes, this is an actual quote from one of the speakers.) It's a good thing I was in the hall with a cranky No for most of the interminable retrospective slideshow or my sunny mood might have been damaged.

Having said that, I am proud of my girl, proud that she worked hard enough to earn high honor roll, and so very, very glad that she is mine. For a while, anyway.

2 comments:

Lorana said...

To answer your question, I know of exactly zero sixth graders moving toward a great and glorious future. They're all headed to JUNIOR HIGH.

SladeMomma said...

She's beautiful!

Blog Archive