there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Monday, August 17, 2009

Together Again



First of all, I want to know how we got everyone into that picture? Hyrum's camera must have a super power. Secondly, even though I was functioning on very little sleep the entire time I wish it could have been longer. The learned macrame skills came in handy when Deanna woke up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep--I just handed her one of the belt and bead kits and took myself back to bed. Thirdly, I need a copy of Liz's poem so Ben can hear it.

Lastly, we thoroughly enjoyed the Toblerone award for longest distance traveled home from the reunion in the Chicago airport, where it was rainy and we watched our luggage sit in a sodden pile during the entire layover. It was a good way to mentally gear up for the rainy weather here!

When we walked out of the airport the humidity was so high you could see the humid haze in the air. It's like being in Georgia only with no air coniditioning--people here just open the windows and turn on a fan. Luckily it is not as hot as Georgia, but I'm still glad to blast the cold air when we get into the van!

Speaking of vans:
Or more specifically, trucks. Can you see the name on the grill? Ben thinks all trucks should have this label.

1 comment:

JoEllen said...

Welcome to Europe! I wish I had thought to come and see you (have you come and see us?) while we were both in UT. Good luck finding a place to live, there must be something out there that's worth the trouble and wait you're experiencing...

Blog Archive