there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Venting

Feel free to ignore this if you do not like negativity.

October was a terrible, horrible no-good, very bad month so I was determined that November would be our new start, new year, new positive direction going forward.

The day after the dishwasher was fixed the microwave blew up.  (caught on fire, completely busted)

and I laughed, because that's just how things have gone lately.

The next day the popcorn popper burned.  And I smiled grimly while chucking it in the trash.

The next day we found out our credit card information had been stolen and someone in California is living it up on our account.  I cried while Ben was on the phone with the bank trying to fix it.

The next day the Saturn quit working.  

And then the PC refused to boot when I went to look up how old the battery in the saturn is.  The PC is now essentially a big doorstop.

 Savings--wiped out.  We are supposed to be saving up to survive if Ben loses his job in 3 months, but we don't even have part of the money to replace everything that broke this week.    Can't even put it on the credit card, since that's been canceled!

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning in fear of what might happen next, I'm just so dang tired of things going wrong.  I got up anyway and I'll keep on trucking but . . .



I've tried to be positive, upbeat, have a can-do attitude, but I'm out.  Down.  Bummed and wallowing in it.  If you want to come hibernate and whine with me bring chocolate, unless it's after 5 pm because I'm not sleeping so great and heaven knows I need my sleep.  And do not tell me things will get better because every time someone has said that to me something else broke.  (yes, logical fallacy, blah, blah.  Pity party here; let me be grumpy)

2 comments:

Haymonds said...

Is this the part where I tell you it's time to "curse God and die"? I'm very sorry sister. What can I send you to cheer you up? You can have my popcorn maker. Technically I already gave away the microwave. I'd even give you your griddle back if it would help.....even though we use it nearly every day. Because THAT'S how much I love you. Bigger than the griddle. That you already gave me.

Lorana said...

Well that was a short year. Time for another new one? Times like this make me wish there wasn't so much real estate between all of us because it would be grand to help each other out during times of excessive crumminess. Feel free to ignore the following if it doesn't fly with you: When I have a list of gripes so long I can't fathom what to do about any of it, I write it down, fold up the paper, and hold it in my hand while praying, as if to give it to the Lord, since that's what He's there for when we can't take any or all of it. Then I stick the paper in a drawer or somewhere and just continue putting one foot in front of the other. Then, if I remember to, I check back a few weeks later to see what's become of the list.

Blog Archive