there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Friday, April 13, 2012

Travelin' man

I remain convinced that JFK is the epitome of places I never, ever wish to visit ever again.  I am sure that when Satan found out just how bad JFK is, he decided to add another level of Hell to try and beat the JFK experience for horribleness.  And, while I don't particularly love any airport, JFK wins the 'worstest' in my book.

I am not a great traveler.  Landing makes me nervous.  I worry about time for transfers, keeping track of kids, luggage, tickets and passports.  I worry, I fret, and I make myself nervous.

 This kid, on the other hand, is a GREAT traveler.   Combine his natural tendency for enthusiasm with big planes, and you have a recipe for a perfectly happy guy.  He is the one happily snoring in the back seat of Dad's car while I fret about making it through security in time to make our flight.   He relishes the chance to choose whatever beverage he wishes in flight.   When we have to walk the entire length of the airport twice to go through passport control, customs, claim our baggage, re-check our baggage, go to the new terminal, go through security again and find dinner before our next flight he is thrilled to walk on the people movers, happy beyond belief to push the rolling suitcase, and eager to have dinner at Wendy's.

And, while his enthusiasm for describing just exactly how quickly the ground was coming up towards us on landing didn't calm my anxiety, his cheerful disposition and passion for anything transportation related made the trip back to the states much more enjoyable.

On this trip his energy is what kept me going.

No comments:

Blog Archive