there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

September

We hiked the Boca Negra canyon in Petroglyph National Monument.

It mostly looks like lots of black rocks, and then some of them have pictures on them.  The black is called desert varnish and it is what happens when the blinding New Mexico sun bakes rocks, apparently.  

Also, I turned 40.

When my sisters showed up in August to celebrate my birthday I decided that meant I got to celebrate all month long.  Of course, we found out the next week that Ben had cancer so that kind of put a damper on things, but my friend, Liv, insisted I celebrate on the day of, and bought me an incredibly delicious german chocolate cake.  I'm glad I have the picture of the box so I can find the bakery 
again!

I should probably point out that both Linnea and Holly made the long drive from Utah to Albuquerque all to surprise me with an early surprise birthday party in August.  (do I have pictures?  Only of me driving the little cart at Costco because my toe was all busted)  Seeing Linnea at the door was a very pleasant surprise!  We spent the amazingly fun weekend shopping for dresses to wear to Hyrum's wedding.  (amazing because I despise shopping.  Who knew all it takes to make it enjoyable is some fun companions?)  Linnea found a skirt, Holly a dress,  and I found that driving with a broken toe is really very painful.  

At the end of the month Isaac turned 13.  Four teenagers in one house.  Oy vey.  








1 comment:

Haymonds said...

Look who's so bloggy! Good thing, too--some of us have really slacked off lately....

Blog Archive