there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Broken, or is Gumper just messing with us?

The functional lives of appliances in our home is not always very long. If you consider the fact that six kids put a lot of wear and tear on 'stuff' this is not surprising at all. Add in a husband who doesn't always remember to switch the voltages and you have even more destruction.

Recently the portable DVD player quit working. I drained and re-charged the battery, tried different discs, turned it on and off and finally gave up on it when only sound, no video, emerged. It was our only currently functioning DVD player (the big box doesn't seem to like running on a converter) so I made the decision that it had to be replaced. Want to know what happened the day I received the email from Amazon telling me that our new portable DVD player had been shipped?
I guess we're just doing our part to help the economy?

1 comment:

Lorana said...

Buying replacements is kind of magic. I was missing my phone for about a month and finally had enough of that, so I bought a new one. Found the old one before it got here. So now you have a spare DVD player. Not a bad thing.

Blog Archive