there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Monday, January 4, 2010

Firsts in 2009

1. I got my first passport. At the age of 34.
2. The kids and I left North America for the first time
3. We tried lots of new foods: schnitzel, currywurst, christknollen, leubchen, doners sauerbrauten. And we tried lots and LOTS of new pastries and breads.
4. We tried some new fruits and decided that none of us like grenadilla. We call it the banana snot fruit
5. We tried to sell our house. Here's to hoping 2010 holds more luck in that department

My goal for 2010 is to embrace more adventure. Even if travel in Europe is NOT child-friendly. See? Look at me talking myself out of traveling already!

Right now Noah and I are eating buah pulasan fruits. They look like spiky red balls, but taste like sourish grapes. Adventure!

1 comment:

Jaynespace said...

Dude, you live in Germany. You can rest on that laurel for a quite a while. For the rest of your life you'll be able to drop into conversation, "Well, when I lived in Europe..."

Blog Archive