there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Monday, January 13, 2014

Lightning and camp

The view from my balcony



Zak takes aim at scout camp
Outside my bedroom is the balcony.  It is a favorite place to sit at sunset, enjoying the beauty of the New Mexico sky.  When there are thunderstorms over the valley we can sit on our balcony and watch the lightning until the rain finally makes it up to us and we escape indoors.  I love my porch, especially in the summer, when the heat of the day is finally dissipating and I can watch the stars.

I can't find the rest of Zak's camp pictures.  I know I had some somewhere. . . In any case, he had an overnight camp at Gorham, so we postponed leaving for our summer vacay until after he and Ben returned.   

1 comment:

Lorana said...

Are you blogging about summer? ("Summer vacay," would indicate YES) Maybe I will too. I was going to because the PFBs had our first-ever reunion this last year but then it became September, October, and holidays, and the moment was gone, although it still needs to be chronicled. My blog is pretty stinking inconsistent.

Blog Archive