there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Old lady knees

orange foot from the iodine
On Trek this summer my right knee ended up hurting so badly I could barely walk.  It swelled up and no amount of ibuprofen could keep me mobile without limping.  So, off to the doctor, X-ray, MRI, physical therapy, finally an orthopedics appointment and the determination that surgery was needed.  Once the kids were back in school on a schedule I got my knee surgeried.  The kids found my coming down the stairs on my butt rather hilarious, but luckily that only lasted 3 or so days.  Post surgery the surgeon told me I had the tightest knees he has ever seen, which meant they couldn't clean up all the frayed edges of my meniscus.  Oh well.   Sadly, he also told me my knees look older than they should since the stuff covering the edges of my bones is nearly all worn away.  Lets hope someone comes up with a really cool bionic knee really soonish.  Or at least before I need a new knee.  

No comments:

Blog Archive