there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Friday, December 21, 2012

The first 40 years

40 years ago my parents got married.

Aren't they cute?

The stories about their courtship and early marriage used to be  pretty funny to me.  I mean, really?  Parents aren't people.   Lives before kids are clearly only mythical.  I suppose the possibility exists that they had interests and such, but I really doubted it.  After all, if they liked each other so much why did they introduce all us kids?  Clearly, they were bored.  

And then there were 3
But truly, parents only exist for us kids, right?
Obviously, they thought I was so marvelous they
decided to have more kids.      
 Anyone who doubts kids don't come with personalities needs to see this picture, and Sheldon hamming it up for the camera.

fast forward a few years and you have all 8 kids!
Then came the good part (or so my mother assures me).  Grandkids!

There's just a few of us, now
I may be just the tiniest bit prejudiced, but I believe my parents are the two most awesome people on the face of the earth.  And the most patient, considering they raised me and didn't go crazy in the process.  And longsuffering since they still put up with me.  

Now that they are done with the diapers and carpools they get to travel the world as adventurers!
Germany

Maybe in another 40 years they will finally get to travel with just the two of them ALONE?




2 comments:

Haymonds said...

Ben thought you were going to say the good part was IN-LAWS.

Lorana said...

So fun to see these pictures. Before we even know it, we'll be the ones celebrating decades of marriage. I remember when G&G had been married only forty-some years.

Blog Archive