there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Thursday, January 24, 2008

How I Spent my Winter Vacation by D

Winter Vacation

“Hooray” it is Friday afternoon and the bell to end school has just rung! My family and I are going to California like we had planned months before.

It is Sunday afternoon and my family (not including my dad) was all packed and ready to go. We had a quick lunch and then we all hopped into our huge but cozy white van. The trip to California wasn’t very fun. But n v in the end it was worth it. The first day (of the two day long ride in our car) we, as in my family and I, spent most of the time listening to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on tape. At about 9:00 my mother sighted the Econo Lodge that she had reserved. This hotel was in Elko, Nevada. Our hotel room wasn’t too impressive. It had three queen sized beds and a tiny window seat bed. The room also had a very tiny bathroom. So, we all divvied out the beds. Emma, my 3 year old sister, got the window seat. I got the bed by the heater, my brother, J, he’s 11, and he got to be in the same bed as me. 6 year old Zac got the bed with 8 year old T. Mom got the last bed and 10 month old No got the portable crib. No kept waking us up ALL night. At 6am we went down stairs, had breakfast and hopped into the van for a half a day long drive to Modesto, California.

“Finally!” “We’re here!” “Yay!” At Grandma’s and Grandpa’s we said our hi’s and gave hugs to all our loved ones including Squeaker, my grandparents cat that passed away when I was 6. “I miss him a lot.” My Aunt Naya is finally home from her one and a half year mission in Romania. It was Christmas Eve and all of us were excited for Christmas was tomorrow. We had our traditional Christmas dinner and afterward we acted out our nativity. We were all allowed to open one present; our pajamas. It was hard to go to sleep but I managed it.

“It’s Christmas morning!” It took forever for everyone to wake up then everyone had to eat breakfast and mom had to get the camera. Finally everyone got finished. And yay we got to do stockings. Grandpa was handing out all the stockings. He was hilarious he would say stuff like “miss’s Em Evangeline” which is not Em’s middle name. Now it is time to open up our presents that we got. My favorite present was from Santa it was the only thing I had wanted for Christmas. It was a SCOOTER!

For the rest of the week I rode my scooter around the block, jumped on their tramp, and went to lots of parks. One day we went to see my great-grandparents (they are my grandma’s parents) so we went to Sacramento (that’s where great grandma and great grandpa Broadbent live) it was a long drive. On the way there we stopped at a train museum and spent an hour there. Finally we picked up lunch which was hamburgers! “Yuck” (we had those for the entire trip). When we got there we ate lunch and talked and played in their huge backyard. Finally we got ready to go home to grandpa and grandma’s house. A few days later we had to get packed up and load the van. (We would be driving on New Year’s Eve). So when finally we got home we had dinner and went to bed to have good dreams about our vacation.

Now that’s my story of my winter vacation. And I’m glad I belong in here in my home,. I hope you enjoy reading my story as much as I enjoyed writing it!

No comments:

Blog Archive