there’s nothing wrong with kids that trying to reason with them won’t make worse

Friday, January 25, 2008

Overheard

When my sister's new baby was blessed the kids, Grandma, Grandpa, and I went down to Salt Lake to go to church with said sister. The building is a lovely old one with weird halls and staircases and nooks and crannies that the kids loved exploring. At one point I was in the hall with No, who had decided that sitting quietly in Sunday School was for suckers, and overheard two newly married men having a discussion trying to plan their home teaching. They were complaining about the time commitments of school and work and how their wives (shocker!) seemed to think they should get some time as well. One of the guys exclaimed:
"It's just too hard to schedule two lives around each other!"
I might have giggled just a little as my 5 other little ones came swarming up the stairs and around me. I am solely responsible to keep all 7 of our lives in sync and so far I'm doing a more than acceptable job. Of course, I may have had this exact conversation with a friend after being newly married myself, so it's obvious that I was not blessed with any foresight during that stage of my life, either.

No comments:

Blog Archive